And while adhesive audits vary from business to business, they all follow a similar process.
1. Assessing your applications
The first step is to understand your business applications. For example, at Bond Tech, we offer adhesive solutions for the following industries:
From there, we dig deeper.
If you’re a bookbinder, what types of books are you binding? Are they small children’s books or large university texts?
For product assembly, what materials are you using? Cardboard? Plastic? Metal? Magnets?
We take the time to know how your adhesives are being used, day-in and day-out.
2. Reviewing your current adhesives
Before we start the audit, we have to know what we’re testing first.
In order to do that, we look at the adhesive formulations you’re currently using:
- Dry blend
- Hot melt
- Glue sticks
- Laminating adhesives
- Rubber & latex
- Pressure sensitive & acrylic
We’ll look at things like composition, density, viscosity and temperature limits.
When we come to your facility, we’ll review your process to see how, when and where your adhesive is being used.
During this phase, our technical representative will look to answer key questions, such as:
- How is the adhesive applied (automatic vs. manual application)
- What are the compression times of the adhesive
- Machining characteristics (how easily it can be cut) of the adhesive being used
- What are its consumption, mileage and waste properties
- How much adhesive is being used during application
It’s important for us to get as much reliable data as possible.
So we’ll be watching your operation as closely as possible – for as long as possible – to ensure quality and vital information is captured.
4. The results
After we’ve tested, collected and reviewed the data, we’ll prepare a comprehensive report for you.
- If we find that you have the right adhesive – even if it isn’t ours – we’ll recommend you keep using it.
- If we discover that your adhesive isn’t performing to the best of its ability, we’ll offer better and more practical alternatives.
There’s no expectation that you have to use our products and services either.
The goal of an adhesive audit is to measure your current adhesive. It isn’t to sell you something you don’t need.
Schedule your adhesive audit today
Do you know if you’re getting the most from your adhesives?
The only way to really find out is to book an adhesive audit today.
First, fill in our easy-to-use contact form (it only takes a few seconds).
From there, a Bond Tech team member will be in touch to discuss your needs and schedule your own adhesive audit.